Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My week as a prisoner of war

Deprived of food, sleep, time away, and support was what happened on my so called week of rest. I was humiliated by people I loved and trusted. I am only human and was expected to be super-human. We dealt with one crisis after another and when one would stop another would begin. There was no time to take care of myself. No time to just scream. No time to get away from the chaos. I felt alone and scared. I felt like a captive. There were two other woman who lived through this with me. Had they not been there, I would probably gone completely insane.
I have had to go in for a psychiatric evaluation when this was over, and found out that I was just traumatized which brought back prior trauma.
I wonder how long this will last before I feel like myself again.

No comments: