Monday, August 25, 2008

Another day, Another week...TOO BUSY

Last Thursday something happened that has not happened for a very long time. I got so over stimulated that I could not deal. I had about a million things to do and I could not get anything accomplished. Just people talking was setting my heart racing, hands feeling clammy, and being on the verge of tears. Now when I say this hasn't happened in a long time, I am saying like years. I can usually handle my stress and can deal with anything thrown at me.
Am I doing too much? Should I slow down? Probably, but...(there's that word that will justify why I can't) if I don't do everything necessary to keep up with my life, I will get so far behind that I will be unable to catch up.
So, what do I do? Do I just give up or just keep trekking along? I will continue to move forward but this has taught me a very valuable lesson. I need to take breaks away from people to reorganize my insides. I cannot be with people all the time. I believe it is okay to be alone and do something just for me. That may sound selfish but if I don't there may not be a me left to do anything.
I will take time each day this week to do something special for just me. It may be small but it will be something that helps me feel great in my mixed up, crazy, busy life.

No comments: